Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sound: 25: Am I a music pirate

I found that writing perchased songs to a cd was not as hard as I thought it would be. I had some songs I'd perchased from the Rhapsody site that would not directly download to my new iPod. However I was able to write those songs to a CD-R, and from there I was able to load them to my iPod. I was very exited! I also learned that once you buy a song or album from Rhapsody or iTunes you can leagally copy it to a cd or portable device as long as it's for privet use and not intended for resale or rent. The reson being that the song or album that you perchased is now your property. I also learned that Rhapsody allows a limited form of on-line sharing. It does this by letting you send e-mail versons of your songs. The e-mail version can only be listened to from the e-mail it was sent to, but it will also ask the recipiant if that person would like to buy the songs or albums for themselves. I tested it using one of my alternate e-mail addresses just to see what would happen. I think the reson this is allowed is because it's a way for Rhapsody to advertise and get more coustomers.

No comments: