Monday, November 19, 2007

Is this really the end? or just the beginning

The iHCPL program has been an interesting experience. I enjoyed learning to use flickr and the photo editing programs it was linked to. The social bookmarking exercises were O. K. but, not my favorite. With the wikis it wasn't hard, I'm just not into wiki editing. The youtube exercise would have been better if it weren't a filtered site. I do understand why it would be filtered though. I did learn quite a bit about bloggs and blogging. I also found learning about RSS feeds to be interesting. I do believe that people who are familiar with computers to begin with will get more out of this program than people who don't spend much time on them. I think that there are a lot of great concepts in the library 2.0 program. I think that the more user friendly a system becomes the more likely people are to use it. We are in an age of information. The computer and internet are a huge part of that. Everyone has there own comfort level with technology and I believe that there will always be a place for libraries both on line and in person.

No comments: